Swimsafer Stage 1
Swimsafer Stage 1 - Part 1
SwimSafer Stage 1 is the foremost learning stage where the kids will be taught to embrace confidence and become independent in the water. This is also a beginner stage, where the learning phase is meant to be enjoyable, making it easier for kids to have fun and become comfortable in water.
In this stage, the objective is to develop confidence and independence in the water. This professional Kids Swimming Lessons teaches kids personal water safety techniques that include the forward and backward movement, safe entry and exit.
- Enter the water with slide-in entry
- Swim on the back 5m (alternating arms and legs or simultaneous arms and legs)
- Submerge head in water, open eyes, blow bubbles and identify object on pool floor
- Perform a front float for 5 seconds and recover
- Then perform a back float for 5 seconds and recover
- Swim 10m on the front (alternating arms and legs or simultaneous arms and legs)
- Signal distress and call for help Grasp a float and float for 10 seconds
- Then move (with the float) to the pool’s edge and
- Exit safely from pool
Swimsafer Stage 1 - Part 2
Sequence 1A (w/o goggles)
- Correctly fit a PFD, jump into water
- Float for 30 seconds, and then climb out of the water
The Swimsafer Stage 1 is designed to be a stranded testing system.
The learner do not have to hold a pre-requisite certification in order to attend the higher test stages. For example, the learner can attend Swimsafer Stage 1 when he/she is ready. All test levels are independent and certified coaches can send their kids to either level which they deem suitable.
All SwimSafer participants are required to complete the SwimSafer Quiz and achieve 90% to pass the test with unlimited attempt.