Swimsafer Silver - Part 1
Advance Personal Survival & Swimming Skill Proficiency
SwimSafer Silver introduces to the fundamentals of diving. Development of personal survival knowledge will continue with the injection of situational context, such as swimming quickly away from a sinking boat, or swimming through a narrow passage underwater simulated by hoops.
Swimsafer Silver emphasis on advanced swimming strokes and survival skills. Timing laps are also introduced in this stage to evaluate the efficiency of each stroke. This professional Kids Swimming Lessons is designed to develop speed and improve stamina, where kids will be required demonstrate efficient stroke techniques by swimming a variety of strokes over 200 meters within a given time frame for each stroke.
Swim (use crouching dive entry for FR, BR):
- 50m front crawl (within 1:30 min)
- 50m breaststroke (within 1:50 min)
- 50m backstroke (within 1:40 min)
- 25m sidestroke
- 25m survival backstroke
- Dolphin kick 10m on front
Swimsafer Silver - Part 2
Swimsafer Silver Sequence (w/o goggles)
Dressed in swimwear, long pants and t-shirt demonstrate the following sequence:
- Enter deep water using a straddle jump
- Perform a backward somersault
- Submerge using feet first surface dive
- Swim through hoops on pool bottom for 3m and resurface
- Swim 45m quickly using front crawl
- Wave and call for help (rescuer to throw PFD)
- Retrieve a PFD in water and fit it while treading water
- Demonstrate Heat Escape Lessening Posture (H.E.L.P.) technique for 30 sec
- Then swim 25m with PFD and climb out of the water
The Swimsafer Silver is designed to be a stranded testing system.
The learner do not have to hold a pre-requisite certification in order to attend the higher test stages. For example, the learner is not required to attend SwimSafer Bronze before he/she attends Swimsafer Silver, because all test levels are independent and certified coaches can send their kids to either level which they deem suitable.
All SwimSafer participants are required to complete the SwimSafer Quiz and achieve 90% to pass the test with unlimited attempt.