Swimsafer Gold - Part 1
Advance Personal Survival & Swimming Skill Proficiency
Under Swimsafer 6, the children will be required to perform strokes with greater ease, efficiency, power and smoothness over 400 metres. Rescue skills and water safety knowledge will focus on lifesaving readiness and the standing dive and personal safety skills will continue to be taught.
Personal survival skills such as making use of clothing to make a personal flotation device and swimming with them will be covered in this stage. The Heat Escape Lessening Posture (H.E.L.P) technique will also be taught as well.
Swim (use standing dive for FR, BR):
- 100m front crawl (within 3:00 min)
- 100m breaststroke (within 4:00 min)
- 100 m backstroke (within 3:20 min)
- 50m survival backstroke
- 50m sidestroke
- 50m sidestroke
- 15m butterfly
Swimsafer Gold - Part 2
Swimsafer Gold Sequence (w/o goggles)
Dressed in swimwear, long pants, t-shirt, perform the following sequence:
- Enter deep water using a compact jump
- Perform a headfirst surface dive to a depth of at least 1.8m (and perform ear equalisation, if necessary)
- Swim through hoops on pool bottom for 5m and resurface
- Swim 45m quickly using front crawl
- Then, swim slowly for a further 50m using any preferred survival swim stroke
- Then, remove pants in deep water and make a float with it while treading water within 5 min
- Demonstrate Heat Escape Lessening Posture (H.E.L.P.) technique with the self-made float for 1 min
- Then swim 25m with the self-made float and climb out of the water
The Swimsafer Gold is designed to be a stranded testing system.
The learner do not have to hold a pre-requisite certification in order to attend the higher test stages. For example, the learner is not required to attend SwimSafer Silver before he/she attends Swimsafer Gold, because all test levels are independent and certified coaches can send their kids to either level which they deem suitable.
All SwimSafer participants are required to complete the SwimSafer Quiz and achieve 90% to pass the test with unlimited attempt.